Au Pair Program
The Au Pair program provides up to 45 hours of child care for approximately $356 per week - per family, not per child!
The Au Pair program option is the most popular choice for most host families, providing flexible and affordable live-in care for infants, toddlers and school-aged children.
All candidates for the program:
- are between the ages of 18 and 26.
- have at least 200 hours of recent, practical child care experience such as regular babysitting for non-family members or assisting at a local school or youth group. Au pairs who care for children under the age of two will have a minimum of 200 hours of documented experience with children under the age of two.
- speak English to an acceptable standard.
- have earned a secondary school diploma or equivalent. Some may have completed university-level coursework.
- submit a medical report prior to entering the U.S.
- possess a valid driver's license. In countries where attainable, we request applicants secure an international driver's license. They may also be required to obtain a license in your state.
- have successfully passed a background investigation, which includes verification of schooling, references, psychometric test and a criminal record check (where available within the scope of the laws of a given country).
Au pairs and companions generally have no formal child care training. For au pairs with formal training or two years of full-time child care experience, refer to our Extraordinaire program.
Find out more about our au pairs and companions and how they can help you and your family.
View Au Pairs Now
Learn about becoming a host family
and view au pairs with no obligation.